Real-time protection against all types of Mac malware threats
Every day, Kaspersky Lab identifies – and provides protection against – approximately 200,000 new threats. Kaspersky Internet Security for Mac combines traditional, proactive and cloud-based anti-malware technologies to deliver proactive, real-time protection:
Kaspersky’s latest technologies provide reliable protection against a wide range of threats – including:
- Computer viruses
- Trojan viruses
- Bots… and more
Whenever you open, save or run a file on your Mac – or on any associated drives – Kaspersky technology will scan the file for the presence of malware:
- The file scanner is activated during startup and remains in your Mac’s memory until you switch your Mac off.
- Only new or updated files are scanned automatically – to help minimise the impact on your Mac’s performance.
In order to deliver a faster response to new and emerging malware, Kaspersky’s cloud-based Kaspersky Security Network (KSN) continually gathers information – about new malware threats – from millions of consenting users’ computers across the world. By using the power of the cloud, this information helps to ensure Kaspersky customers are protected against the very latest threats.
Regardless of whether you choose to consent to let KSN automatically collect threat information from your computer, your Mac will still benefit from KSN’s ability to deliver a rapid response to new malware.
Kaspersky Internet Security for Mac helps to ensure you can enjoy the Web to the fullest extent – with secure online surfing, shopping, banking and more:
Kaspersky’s enhanced anti-phishing engine – and Kaspersky’s regularly updated anti-phishing database – protects you against phishing attacks.
Kaspersky’s URL Advisor function uses cloud-based data about the reputation of websites – to alert you about links to suspicious and dangerous sites. Special indicator icons classify each link as:
- Suspicious, or
The Kaspersky URL Advisor works with the following web browsers:
- Mozilla Firefox
- Google Chrome
Email and download security
Kaspersky Internet Security for Mac scans downloaded files, email text and attachments on http-based web pages – to alert you in real time if there’s an attempt to infect your Mac… and also block the attack.
Kaspersky’s Virtual Keyboard technology lets you use mouse-clicks – instead of your computer keyboard – to enter your logins, passwords, banking details and other valuable information. When you use the Virtual Keyboard, your sensitive information is protected against being intercepted by:
- Identity thieves
When you’re visiting a website and you place the cursor in a password-entry field / box, the Virtual Keyboard will automatically appear on your screen – ready for you to use.
Advanced Parental Control
Because you can’t always be with your children when they’re using the Internet, Kaspersky’s award-winning Parental Control technologies make it easy for you to:
- Monitor and limit your children's Internet usage
- Block access to inappropriate categories of websites or to individual websites
- Prevent the sharing of private data – including phone and credit card numbers
- Control communications on social networks – and block any unwanted contacts
- Block specific types of download – including music, video files or applications
- Enable the safe search option for many popular web browsers
- Generate Parental Control reports – including which web pages have been viewed and which data has been transferred
Optimised for performance and ease of use
Kaspersky’s development team has ensured that Kaspersky Internet Security for Mac is easy to use and has minimal impact on your Mac’s performance:
- Software installation and licence activation are quick and simple – with just a few mouse clicks.
- The automatic update feature helps to ensure you have the latest version of Kaspersky Internet Security for Mac on your computer. When an update is available, you simply click ‘yes’ to accept it.
- Regular antivirus database updates ensure your Mac is protected against new and emerging threats.
- The Mac-style interface helps to ensure your Kaspersky security solution has a familiar appearance and is intuitive to use.
- By fully supporting all requirements for Retina display, Kaspersky Internet Security for Mac provides an interface that is as clear to view as the rest of a MacBook Pro's display.
- Kaspersky Internet Security for Mac is fully compatible with the latest operating systems for Mac.