Computer Viruses and Malicious Software
Over the years, malicious software – or malware – has developed into an extremely serious threat that can place your computer… your precious files, photos, music and financial information… your money… and your children… at risk. However, there are steps you can take to ensure you don’t become a victim of today’s increasingly sophisticated cyberattacks and Internet security threats.
If you’re one of the many computer and mobile device users that have asked ‘what is a computer virus?’ or ‘what is malware?’ – or you just want to know more about the malicious software threats that Kaspersky Lab’s award-winning Internet security solutions can protect you from … these web pages are for you. In the following articles, you’ll get a valuable insight into the types of threats, the scale of the problem, the tricks that cybercriminals use and the damage they can cause:
- Malware Classifications – discover more about the many different types of malware
- Who Creates Malware? – learn about the malware creators… and what motivates them
- What Malware Needs to Thrive – gain an insight into what’s required in order to support malware
- How Malware Penetrates Systems – learn about the techniques that cybercriminals use to penetrate users’ computers and devices
- Malware Damage – read about the damage that malware can cause for home users and businesses