For the 56th edition of the Transatlantic Cable podcast, Jeff and Dave dive into a lot of new trends — some alarming, some good — that have popped up over the week.
For the bad news, the guys take a look at how sexual predators are using Fortnite to stalk victims, how fake support scams are swindling Brits out of money, and how developers can still read your Gmail along with a secret sync. On the bright side, Firefox has teamed up with Have I Been Pwned to tell users if their data has been exposed in a data breach.
- Chrome 69 secretly logs you in to Chrome Sync when you visit a Google site
- Fake computer help fraudsters steal £21m from 22,000 victims in UK
- Predators are using Fortnite to lure kids. Cops say parents need to worry
- Mozilla’s Firefox Monitor will now alert you when one of your accounts was hacked
- Google says it continues to allow apps to scan data from Gmail accounts